I’m Here for You!
Life as we know it has significantly changed since my last email on COVID-19. I realize there’s a lot of information available and it can be overwhelming. Please visit Realize a Healthy California’s site for links and information about the virus and state updates.
To Confirm – The OFFICE IS OPEN with new precautionary guidelines as explained in the previous email. (read here) I am also seeing patients via video conference – this is a great way to keep your health on track! And it’s kinda fun 😉 Call the office to schedule your visit. (650-777-7966)
I am offering nutritional IV support to give your body the nutrients it needs for healthy functioning.
Call the office to schedule! I would love to see you 🙂
To summarize steps to take for immune support:
- Be concerned, but don’t panic.
- Reduce transmission via physical distancing and good hygiene. We do need to “flatten the curve,” so that our healthcare system is not overrun with more critical cases than it can effectively handle.
- Practice healthy nutrition and lifestyle measures to support your immune system.
- Consider taking nutrients and herbal supplements to support and balance your body.
- I do have some vitamin C and other nutritional supplements in stock! Please call the office to see what I have.
- Visit my Fullscript Store for many supportive options – I’ve created Support Section where you can take your choice! If you need to set up an account you will first enter your email and then a new page will pop up.
Support Your Body & Mind
Keep in mind that the more stress you generate the weaker your immune system becomes.
I regularly meditate in the morning and I always notice how much better I feel!
- Breathing (yoga has many practices)
- Meditation (I like the options on Insight Timer, here’s one I regularly do)
- Exercise (Youtube has many options here’s one I regularly practice )
- Consider contacting a therapist if you are in need of further support
Supporting The Body through Nutrition and Lifestyle Measures:
- It may be tempting in quarantine to drink alcohol or indulge as a way to relax or pass the time. Remember, alcohol weakens the immune system – best to decrease or eliminate.
- Now more than ever good self-care is key.
- Avoid foods with sugar and refined carbs.
- Eat healthy, whole foods.
- Exercise (yup, exercise also boosts immunity as well as decreasing stress) (there are some great work out videos on youtube!).
- Get out for a walk in nature.
I hope you find this information helpful and supportive! As the days of sheltering-at-home continue, know that I am here for you.
Give a call to set up your appointment for an IV and change of scenery. 🙂
In Radiant Health,
Dr. Laura Enfield, ND, LAc
Dr. Laura Enfield is a California licensed naturopathic doctor and acupuncturist. She is an expert in helping people with acute and chronic joint pain, digestive issues, fatigue, insomnia, weight gain, and thyroid issues.