Looking for a healthy snack?
Look no further!
I got this recipe from Lynn Kirkham at her speaking training “Yes, You Can Speak”. I loved the “bread” so much I had to get the recipe. I’ve made this so many times and have shared it with several patients. It’s a great alternative to bread, provides essential fatty acids through the seeds and nuts, supports digestion, decreses inflammation, and tastes great!
Life Changing Bread
Ingredients (use organic and raw)
1 cup sunflower seeds
½ cup flax seeds
½ cup hazelnuts, almonds, or walnuts
1 ½ cup organic gluten-free rolled oats
2 Tbsp chia seeds
4 Tbsp psyllium seed husks (3 Tbsp if psyllium husk powder)
1 tsp fine grain sea salt
3 Tbsp melted organic coconut oil or ghee
1 ½ cups water
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, stir well.
- Whisk oil and water together in a measuring cup. Add to dry ingredients
- Mix well until everything is completely soaked and dough becomes very thick. If dough is too thick to stir add one or two teaspoons of water until it is manageable.
- Put dough in loaf pan and smooth out the top with the back of a spoon.
- Let sit on counter for at least 2 hours or 8 plus hours to sprout the seeds.
- The dough is ready when it retains its shape when moved.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place loaf pan in the oven on the middle rack. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan, place it upside down on a cookie sheet and bake another 30-40 minutes.
- Bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped.
- Store bread in a tightly sealed container for up to five days. Freezes well too.
- Slice before freezing for a quick and easy toast.
I always toast mine a little, add ghee with avocado and a little sea salt! Delicious 🙂
Nuts and Seed Mix
Ready for the Oven
Dr. Laura Enfield, ND, LAc
Dr. Laura Enfield is a California licensed naturopathic doctor and acupuncturist. She is an expert in helping people with acute and chronic joint pain, digestive issues, fatigue, insomnia, weight gain, and thyroid issues.